Tuesday, July 13, 2010

28. Baked Salsa Chicken Breast

Sorry if the image isn't so great! I will be making this again and getting a better image!

I found this recipe on the Weight Watchers message boards and haven't done a thing to it. I'm not sure who came up with the recipe and so if you know, you can let me know so that I can give due credit. On a search of the site I turned up quite a few versions of this dish!

This was so simple! I am beginning to cherish "simple" in my attempts to get chores, the gym, and dinner done at night. This hit the spot! I served it with some mexican rice (prepackaged) and some steamed broccoli.

Baked Salsa Chicken Breast - 4 points per serving
Makes 4 servings

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 4 (4oz) pieces
1 16 oz jar salsa (mild, medium or hot, your choice. Hot for us!)
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp dijon mustard

1. Preheat oven to 400.

2. Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray and lay chicken inside.

3. In a mixing bowl add salsa, brown sugar, vinegar, and mustard. Mix well.

4. Pour mixture over the chicken and bake for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Im gonna try this with the Sweet Salsa from UTZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks sooo good! My stuff never comes out like that! LOL

    ReplyDelete