Wednesday, October 28, 2009

14. Oven "Fried" Apples

The inspiration for this dish came from the online Weight Watchers Message Boards. This was such a great idea! I have been craving fried apples, but fried apples are pretty high in points. These were tasty, but I would make a few changes. 1. I would peel the apples next time, I think the skin gives them a different texture. 2. I would use apple pie spice instead of pumpkin spice or I would just use cinnamon and nutmeg. 3. I would use a smaller baking dish. :)

These can be serves as a side dish, or over vanilla ice cream, or on top of a waffle in the morning! They are yummy and so versatile and only 2 points per serving!

Oven "Fried" Apples - 2 points per serving
Serves 6.

8 cups sliced apple (about 4 large apples)
1/4th cup maple flavored sugar free pancake syrup
4 tbsp light margarine
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (Its what I had!)
2 tbsp lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350.

Arrange the apples in an 8-inch square pan. Sprinkle on the cinnamon, nutmeg, syrup and lemon juice. Toss or stir the apples to coat them evenly with the spices and syrup. Dot the top of the apples with margarine or butter. Bake for about 30 minutes.

If you prefer your apples to steam a little then cover the pan with tin foil before baking.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment