Thursday, September 10, 2009

1. Taco Soup

I wish I had thought to create this blog before I emptied the crock pot into all of those little containers. You see I just started the Weight Watchers Flex Plan (First meeting this Sunday! WOOT) and I needed something that I could eat all week for lunches, on a low budget. So after scouting around the internet for ideas I came up with Taco Soup. I know there are tons of these out there, but I like to think mine is a little different...

Taco Soup - 3 points per cup
Makes 13 cups.
Special Equipment: Crock Pot

3 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 envelope ranch dressing mix
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 medium onion, diced
1 large can (28-30oz) diced tomatoes
1 can Mexican or spicy (I used tomatoes with diced jalapenos) tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 large can (28oz) vegetarian baked beans (I used Bush's)

Put everything in the Crock Pot in the order listed here.
Do NOT drain the tomatoes.
Do NOT rinse or drain beans.
DO NOT STIR.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. (I put it on at 3am, and didn't touch it until noon the next day)
Take chicken out and shred with two forks.
Put chicken back in, stir, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment