Friday, September 18, 2009

6. Crock Pot Chicken Curry

I love curry! Normally when I make this, I do it in a large pan or pot on the stove and in the last 15 minutes of simmering I add a 12oz can of coconut milk. The coconut milk adds a savory sweetness and thickens the curry up nicely. I didn't want to pack the points on so I used a coconut curry flavored chicken broth instead. If you use the 12oz can of coconut milk it will add 2pts per serving. This recipe serves 12 (good sized servings) so its great for lunches too!

Crock Pot Chicken Curry - 4 points per serving
Serves 12
Special Equipment: Crock Pot

4 whole uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
2 1/2 cups frozen pepper strips
28oz can diced tomatoes
2 cups diced onion
2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup rasins
4 cups chicken broth
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp ground tumeric
1/2 tbsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground red pepper

Place all ingredients into crock pot, stir and put the lid on. Turn crock pot on low, and let cook for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice.

3 comments: