Thursday, September 24, 2009

7. Home Made Burgers

After this long, and regretful week (my grandfather passed very suddenly) of family get-togethers and trying so keep my self control I thought I deserved some comfort food. However, since I spent the week eating bad comfort food, I thought I'd try something a little better for me...

These are wonderful! They are moist and flavorful, and only 3 points per burger, or 4 points with a slice of yellow American cheese which is how they are pictured here. Serve on a whole wheat bun with all of the trimmings!

Home Made Burgers - 3 points per serving or 4 points with cheese.
Makes 12 burgers

2lbs 95% lean ground beef
6 oz cornbread stuffing, dry mix
2 egg whites
1/3 cup tomato ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp BBQ Seasoning, dry
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
Shape into 12 even sized hamburger patties.
Cook over medium heat until the burger is cooked as well as you want.
Now you can add your slice of cheese (remember to add a point!).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment