Thursday, September 17, 2009

5. Chinese Pineapple Chicken

I didn't get a picture of this tonight until after the horde had started devouring it! It still looks yummy! This is another one I took from my week one Weight Watchers book. I made a mistake! I thought that I followed the directions to serve 6, but a re-read after dinner alerted me to the fact that it was to serve 4! Oh no! We will live, but there is a lesson in this! Pay attention to the directions! My 3rd grade math teacher would be twitching at me right now...

Chinese Pineapple Chicken - 5 points per serving
Serves 4/serves 6@ 4 points per serving

cooking spray
4 medium scallions, chopped
1 tbsp ginger root, fresh, chopped
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 pound uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 cups canned pineapple tidbits, packed in juice
1/4 cup black bean sauce
2 cups cooked brown rice, kept warm (regular or instant)

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add scallions, ginger and garlic; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned on all sides, stirring often, about 5 minutes.

Add pineapple (with its juice) and black bean sauce to skillet; bring to a simmer. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes (again, I let it go ten, stirring occasionally) more.

Serve over rice.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Scarlet! Myt name is Theresa and I am a WW lifetime member who gained it all back and has become a statistic! I have been back to meetings for about 5 months and it has been sloe going. I just wanted you to know I'm rooting for you! Good luck and keep cooking! ;)

    ReplyDelete